Feb 17, 2020
Katie Hunt is the founder of Proof to Product (formerly known as Tradeshow Bootcamp), a business strategist, and mentor to product-based entrepreneurs. She’s worked with thousands of entrepreneurs through her in-person conferences and online courses she offers.
Katie is also the host of the popular podcast, Proof to Product, where she takes listeners behind the scenes of growing a product-based business. Guests share their successes, struggles and how they’ve made difficult but important transitions in their business to continue growing.
Katie has taught classes for CreativeLive, The National Stationery Show, The Savvy Experience, Be Sage, Seanwes Conference and Unique Camp. She’s been featured on BuzzFeed, Brit & Co, and VoyageLA and also interviewed on a variety of popular podcasts.
Katie has a passion for creating, a mind for business and a strong desire to help others succeed. When she’s not cheering on her clients or dreaming up new workshops, you can find her spending time with her husband and four young children, hosting friends for dinner, or surfing Instagram.
In this episode we dive into:
1. Her company “Proof to Product”, and how she became interested in helping people get their products out onto the shelves.
2. How her need for a creative outlet while engulfed in the corporate world was actually what served as the initial catalyst for her interest in graphic design.
3. How one simple blog post played an enormous role in changing Katie’s life.
4. The support from Katie’s mom that sparked her interest in entrepreneurship and the push she gave her to pursue it.
5. Balancing the business and the art side of a creative business.
6. The biggest obstacle she had to overcome as an entrepreneur.
7. The importance of acknowledging our successes, both the big and the small.
8. Why we need to stop looking at how others are running their business and why what one entrepreneur does may be the right fit for the next.
9. Why Katie felt the need to rebrand her business.
10. The process of launching your product, from idea to production, to actually getting it on the shelf.
11. The difference between starting a product based business and a service based business.
12. The quickest way to launch a product and get it off the ground.
13. How you can tell if you can build a business around your passion.
14. The systems and routines that Katie puts in place to protect time for herself and her family.