Dec 24, 2019
Sean Sessel is a voracious learner with a fervent belief in the
ability of the individual to better himself or herself. After an
epiphany that he derived intrinsic enjoyment from continual
learning and the sharing of knowledge with others, he decided to
make a career of it and started The Oculus Institute.
Sean helps individuals escape burnout jobs and craft careers that truly inspire AND pay well. He works with people to prevent self-sabotage, dissolves stress, and discover their personal power & value.
Sean developed a unique system called psychohacking that is fundamentally different and more powerful than other schools of internal work; like NLP and LOA. Psychohacking is grounded in truth (not selectively choosing beliefs/references or focusing only on the positive), and it uses observation to deconstruct mental barriers subconsciously.
Sean proudly boasts a 100% success rate in providing his clients with the results promised upon entering his program.
Before Oculus, Mr. Sessel was Director of Quantitative Research and Co-Portfolio Manager at Tectonic Advisors, a Registered Investment Adviser with over $1 billion in assets under advisement. Prior to that, he worked as an Associate at Boston Consulting Group, where he specialized in consumer survey analysis and organizational structures. Mr. Sessel received his B.S. in Bioengineering from Rice University. Throughout this time, he has also been involved as a founder, equity hire, or board member in 10 different startups and 2 different nonprofit organizations.
In this episode we dive into:
1. What the Oculus Institute is, and why it is so important to Sean to give people the skillsets Oculus offers.
2. How after working multiple jobs that led to burnout and a fear of having to “sell his soul” in order to be financially stable, Sean found himself in a very dark place.
3. Sean's natural love of absorbing, processing and transferring information.
4. Sean's view on death, and why he credits his spiritual work to his piece of mind.
5. Our “psychic sensors”, how they are actually keeping us from ultimate peace, and Sean's system that helps break this barrier.
6. “Fire and Ice” in the self help world.
7. The 4 categories of exploring your mind beneath the surface: Expectations, Associations, Replaying Records, and Creed.
8. Where Sean believes burnout comes from.
9. The importance of separating yourself from your thoughts.
10. “Dream bridges” and how to structure yours.
11. Sean's process for helping people uncover their true “thing” or “gift”.
12. Law of Attraction vs Law of Action, why one will always need the other.
13. Sean dives into which of these two words is more important: Discipline or Motivation.
14. Sean's new book to help wake you up from a conditioned mindset and to explore beyond your boundaries.