Dec 2, 2019
Shira Nelson, is the founder of Mom Beyond Baby where she teaches moms around the globe how to become their best self and live a life of fulfillment through fitness, lifestyle and business while being a Mom “Beyond Baby.”
Mom Beyond Baby is founded on the idea that moms MUST take care of themselves first so that they can be the best for everyone else. She’s all about simplifying the process and making it doable for moms to take action and get results so they can live life with their kids rather than on the sidelines.
When she is not chasing her two kids at home, you can find her running, lifting weights or fishing.
In this episode we dive into:
1. Mom Beyond Baby” and why Shira felt the pull to help mothers build their best lives.
2. Shira’s experience as a first time mom, including the struggles of feeling lost and alone, and her realization of how a number of others were dealing with similar feelings and emotions.
3. The expectations versus the reality that Shira dealt with in making the transition from working full time to becoming a mother.
4. The importance of actually being selfish as a parent in order to be the best parent.
5. The importance of being passion focused versus money focused and how that helped Shira start her business and gain momentum in the early days.
6. Her initial obsession with body image, dieting, and fitness at a young age that led to destructive habits as a teenager and eventually a grand mal seizure in college.
7. The dangers associated with control and perfectionism.
8. How pregnancy was actually what helped Shira appreciate her body for the first time.
9. Why reaching a point of burnout can sometimes actually be a good reset for us.
10. Learning how to differentiate between your strengths and weaknesses while running your business and how you can start to become comfortable with delegation and letting go.