Jun 18, 2019
World Champion | Pan Am Games Gold Medalist | Speaker | Coach |
While competing as a professional BMX athlete, Jason was able to
graduate College and go on to earn both an MBA in Global Management
and a Doctorate in Psychology.
His successful transition from professional cycling to helping
other professionals is part of the foundation (and proof!) for his
#ChampionshipLife ethos--Winning in Business, Sport, and Life!
Jason knows that being a champion increases your true impact.
This begins with growing your mindset and getting to work on your
Neuroscience, behavioral science, positive psychology, sport
psychology, and good ol' fashion wisdom are but just a few of the
ingredients Jason employs as he helps people redefine their
Jason is a sought-after speaker and consultant, who works
closely with high performance teams, executives, and athletes. He
is also an on-air TV and broadcaster, commentating at international
events for his sport - staying true to his passion.
In this episode we dive into:
- How Jason went from following his big brothers love for biking
as a kid, to racing BMX himself professionally.
- How Jason had to learn competitiveness as a child and where
have found his will to win.
- Jason's decision to race professionally while going to college
and why he continued to stay motivated.
- How Jason continued to perform at a high level and how he was
able to extend his career longer than most in the BMX world.
- The fairytale ending to Jason’s BMX career and how it all
culminated at the 2007 Pan American Games.
- How to bring your athletic identity into your new space rather
than struggling with losing it when making a career change.
- The unique opportunity that Jason has to work with Olympic
athletes and how he put himself in the position to be able to serve
these athletes at a high level.
- Why we should focus more on our relationships and health in
order to be successful in our career and goal achievement.
- The process of discovering what’s important to us, finding our
true priorities and designing a life in pursuit of our values.
- The importance of disengaging from your “thing” and taking time
away from your work so you can come back to it and feel
- The importance of finding perspectives and relationships
different from your own.
- Why mindset trumps strategy at even at elite levels in
- The importance of gratitude and focusing on what we have versus
what we don’t have.
- Why Jason believes that the hustle and grind is completely