Jun 3, 2019
Lindsey Schwartz is an Arizona-based Midwest girl at heart.
After college she packed up everything she owned and moved west to
pursue the corporate dream, only to realize that it was not for
her. She dove into personal development in search of a way to make
a living building her own dreams instead of someone else’s.
Lindsey started her first business part-time at the age of 26
and over the next several years became an accomplished fitness
athlete, speaker, full-time entrepreneur, and author of the
best-selling book Powerhouse Woman: How to get out of your own way,
fulfill your unique purpose, and live a powerful life. In 2017
Lindsey founded the Powerhouse Women event as a way to help women
get out of their own way and into ACTION around their own big ideas
Lindsey is passionate about building community and believes that
women are most successful when they collaborate and sincerely root
for one another to win. Her heart for collaboration inspired
Lindsey’s latest project, the Powerhouse Women GirlGang, a
membership community for like-minded women to connect, grow, and
confidently pursue their big ideas.
In this episode we dive into:
- How Lindsey made the shift from corporate America to starting
her own business.
- Lindsey’s journey from blogging to writing her book, Powerhouse
Woman, and how she “accidentally” fell into creating the Powerhouse
- The importance of sharing both the good and the bad parts of
the entrepreneurship journey, especially with women.
- How Lindsey realized her “dream job” out of college could be
easily expendable during the beginning of a recession, pushing her
to look for plan B.
- How knowing what motivates you can help decide when it’s the
right time to jump ship and go all in on your dreams.
- Manufacturing urgency, and why Lindsey puts herself into
different accountability structures to keep her moving and
- The importance of investing in ourselves.
- Hustle vs. Flow State and why Lindsey made the conscious choice
to focus fully on her 2nd business.
- Lindsey’s “aha moment” that allowed her to disconnect her
identity from her business.
- The 2 biggest roadblocks women are experiencing when trying to
step out of their comfort zones, and how “powerhouse women” can
overcome those obstacles.
- How to cultivate self-confidence, which in turn leads to
freedom from our fears and breaks our safety nets.
- Why taking action to pursue things we are curious about either
opens a new door for us or directs us.