Apr 1, 2019
Tommy Baker is a writer, speaker, author, and coach, and host of
the Resist Average Academy, a top rated iTunes podcast designed to
give you the knowledge, inspiration, and action steps to live a
life by design—never by default. After starting out in the fitness
industry and running Tommy Baker Fitness, Tommy has continued to
follow his passion for learning, teaching, sharing, and
experiencing. Tommy’s contagious enthusiasm and approach to life
can be seen and felt in the wide array of content he creates,
including podcasts, books, videos, speeches and courses. As he
likes to say, he doesn’t have it all figured out—but he loves the
- The inspiration behind Tommy’s new book, “The Leap of Your
Life” and why it was the book he had to write.
- Tommy describes why waiting is the most common factor he finds
in people that have regrets.
- The difference between debilitating regret and hopeful
- How to manufacture the missing urgency we need when we are
stuck in the comfortable.
- The benefits as well as the downfalls of our minds natural
ability to adapt.
- Tommy’s explanation of what he calls “The myth of clarity” and
how to avoid getting caught up in predetermined expectations.
- How to discover your North Star and why you should do that
before anything else.
- How to determine what leaps are actually worth taking.
- Tommy’s recipe for finding the fastest path to
- The universal tests that help determine whether we really want
something or not.
- What to do when the initial excitement and hype of ideas wear
off and how to re-establish that “why” that made you want it in the
- The power of “micro leaps” and why they may be just as
beneficial or even more powerful than “big leaps”.
- How to decide where to focus first when wanting to make changes
in your life.
- How to set yourself up in the morning for winning the day and
how a simple trick like keep your phone in airplane mode can set
you up for success.
- The power of “No” and how you can use it to get ahead.