Oct 29, 2018
Jeff Goins is a writer, speaker, and entrepreneur. He is the best-selling author of five books, including The Art of Work and Real Artists Don’t Starve. His award-winning blog Goinswriter.com is visited by millions of people every year. Through his online courses, events, and coaching programs, he helps thousands of writers succeed every year. Jeff lives with his family just outside of Nashville, where he makes the world’s best guacamole.
In this episode we dive into:
1. How Jeff got out of his 9 year rut of quitting and started to succeed.
2. The 2 year goal that accomplished a successful blog and 2 books all while still supporting his family financially.
3. How work life integration holds more power than trying to balance work and home.
4. Why consistency and persistence tends to work more effectively than taking a big leap.
5. Why Jeff believes the small daily decisions may be some of your biggest stumbling blocks.
6. How climbing the success ladder is actually keeping you from being successful.
7. Why it is so important to discover the mystery of who you really are and tap into your inner self.
8. The benefits of leaving a slot in the morning dedicated for creative time.
9. Jeff explains the fallacy that money brings security which brings success.
10. The importance of recharging and his routine that allows himself to step away from the hustle.
11. Why reading and exposing ourselves to other people's lives can build the creativity we need to find our true self.