Oct 28, 2019
David Hassell is a serial entrepreneur and is currently co-founder and CEO of 15Five, where he sees an opportunity to help organizations and everyone in them reach their potential and become ‘organizationally-actualized’.
David graduated from Tufts University with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering in 1998. The next year, he co-founded AdClip Networks, an online advertising technology company. In 2004, he co-founded Kite Adventures, a company that offers guided Kiteboarding tours off the coast of northeastern Brazil.
In his last venture prior to 15Five, David co-founded Strategy Day, a consulting company that worked with CEOs and executive teams to develop focus and accomplish strategic plans.
David formerly served as President of the San Francisco chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization and was later named “The Most Connected Man You Don’t Know in Silicon Valley” by Forbes Magazine. David has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Inc., Entrepreneur, Wired, Fast Company, and the Financial Post.
In this episode we dive into:
1. The lesson that David learned about having alignment with your business partners around goals and core values.
2. How to create a business around your passions that actually makes a profit.
3. Why David believes we are in a creative revolution right now.
4. The expectations of different generations in the workforce and why millennials get a bad name when they are actually passionately engaged.
5. How to make sure that the goals we’re setting are actually the right ones.
6. The mission and guiding principles behind David’s company 15Five.
7. How to intentionally boost the morale and relationships within your company through positive feedback.
8. The “best-self culture” and how to step into the greatest version of who we are in business and in life.
9. Why managing your energy is more important than managing your time.
10. Optimizing creativity by understanding the rhythms and patterns of our energy levels.