Oct 21, 2019
Tonya Dalton is a productivity expert, writer, speaker and founder of inkWELL Press Productivity Co, a company centered around productivity tools and training. She released her first book, The Joy of Missing Out, with Harper Collins on October 1st.
Tonya’s messages about business management, productivity, and the pursuit of passion have impacted thousands and inspired her to launch her podcast, Productivity Paradox which has surpassed more than a million downloads. Her podcast regularly ranks in the top 50 of all business management podcasts on Apple Podcasts.
Tonya has been featured on Real Simple, Entrepreneur, Inc., Apartment Therapy, Lauren Conrad, and HGTV among other places. In 2019, Tonya received the Enterprising Woman of the Year Award and was named North Carolina's Female Entrepreneur to Watch by The Ladders.
In this episode we dive into:
1. Tonya’s journey from teacher to stay at home mom to entrepreneur and how she pushed into business with the goal of having her husband be able to leave his corporate marketing position.
2. The biggest myths around productivity and why productivity is less about doing more things and more about doing the important things.
3. The difference between effectiveness and efficiency?
4. Why rest is not a reward for hard work, but actually a requirement for high performance.
5. The concept of an “ultradian rhythm” and how we have different peaks and valleys for productivity and creativity, and how we can discover our own.
6. How we can discover and reveal to ourselves our purpose and our core values.
7. Why we should be setting goals that are in alignment with our core values.
8. Why Tonya doesn’t believe in work life balance, but instead embraces and accepts the times where she’s leaning more into a certain area, and acknowledges this as part of the process of designing and creating the life she desires.
9. How we can rethink busy and start living our lives intentionally.
10. How Tonya personally recharges herself for performance and how each of us can discover ways that rejuvenate us.