Oct 14, 2019
Josh Perry is a former Pro BMX athlete and multiple brain tumor survivor. He was an X-Games, Dew Tour, and Fise World Championship athlete from 2007-2016 and ranked in the Top 10 of the BMX World Championship Standings during the 2016 season.
After a third brain tumor diagnosis, Josh Perry left the comfort of a professional BMX career to harnesses the power of his incredible story and inspire others to foster new perspectives and take new action in their lives.
Now as a health coach, keto advocate, and speaker, he is providing tools for mental strength, health & nutrition, manifestation, and business. Josh illustrates how challenges come in different shapes and sizes, yet for every problem there’s always solution. He emphasizes that happy and successful people use the same mental tools to get them there, regardless of their past or current tribulations.
Josh’s unique ability to connect science with emotion means he resonates not only with the most accomplished experts, but with eager-to-learn newcomers as well.
He has been featured on over 40 podcasts including appearances
on Adam Carolla’s “Carolla Drinks After Show”,The “Primal BluePrint
Podcast”, and "Bulletproof
His mission is to inspire change in perspectives that leads others to take new action in their lives and become empowered to live as healthy, happy, and successful as possible.
In this episode we dive into:
1. Josh’s introduction into the world of BMX at the age of 13 and how he left school at 17 years old to pursue his professional career.
2. How an MRI following a crash on his bike actually led to the accidental discovery of a brain tumor and Josh’s journey of survival.
3. The moment that led to a change in his perspective, shifting his mindset from from worrying about what he didn’t want to focusing on what he does want.
4. Why we need to be conscious of the things we put in our bodies as well as our minds.
5. The inspiration that Josh pulled from that pulled him through treatment and rehab.
6. Josh’s passion for consciousness and awareness.
7. importance of mentors and how we can use them if our immediate circle of influence isn’t supporting us and why Josh now chooses to be the support system for others.
8. Josh’s approach to full body health and how he grew into his healthy lifestyle habits.
9. The power of physically writing out your goals and working backwards from that goal to keep you aligned and motivated.
10. How to deal with fear and actually turn those feelings into opportunity.
11. The science behind the Ketogenic diet, Josh’s personal experience with it, and why he continues to follow the Ketogenic guidelines.