Mar 25, 2019
Betina Gozo is a Nike Master Trainer, a featured trainer for
NordicTrack’s iFit Training program, winner of the Women’s Health
Magazine’s 2017 “Next Fitness Star” and the creator of Women’s
Health Magazine's Woman's Guide to Strength Training. She works
with clients and top industry leaders as a fitness professional
with an emphasis on strength training. Her #1 goal is to use
fitness and training to inspire people to make positive lifestyle
changes so they can live their most optimal life.
In addition to being a top brand ambassador, Betina has
developed her own online 8 week interactive high intensity training
program "Get After H.I.T."., where she takes a hands on approach
with new workouts each week, live Q&A sessions and progress
monitoring. Betina has also published an ebook series featuring
dynamic workouts and nutrition guidelines.
Inspired by a volunteer trip to Kenya working with special needs
children and adults, Betina recently founded The Dance with Mweyne
Foundation. Through her fitness community, her mission is to bring
more awareness to the need for volunteers for special needs schools
and homes in developing countries.
In this episode we dive into:
- Betina’s journey from a bass guitar player to a Nike Master
- How Betina continues to find the internal drive and motivation
to stay in shape beyond the weightloss motives that drive so many
of her clients.
- How Betina became Women’s Health Magazine’s “Next Fitness
Star”, from goal to reality.
- Why strength training should be a key component to any workout
routine regardless of your goals.
- The correlation that Betina has observed between a client’s
willingness to push themselves in a workout and their willingness
to push the boundaries in other areas of their life beyond their
- She opens up about her own personal health and fitness
- The importance of rest, recovery, and self-care and why we need
to listen our body.
- The story behind Betina’s work ethic and how her mother was a
cornerstone in instilling those qualities at a young age.
- Her non-profit organization, The Dance with Mweyne Foundation,
and how she is creating an even bigger impact in developing
countries by supporting special needs children.
- Betina’s goal to once again play in a band and collaborate with
- Betina shares her tips, strategies and rituals on how we can
disengage and recharge from the chaos of everyday life.
- The importance of protecting our time and how the daily
practices around this concept can lead to high level
- The steps that people can start taking right now to kick start
their health and fitness journey.
- Betina uncovers the biggest fitness myths and gives us insight
into the stereotypes surrounding them.